Thursday, October 1, 2009

Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Addition - Urgent pls !!!!?

I have installed Office 2003 Professional addition, which I borrowed from a friend two days ago. When I open Microsoft Word each time now, I receive always a message from Microsoft, which means that I have to register by Microsoft per Internet or telephone. If not, the Office 2003 Professtional will be blocked after I have used it 40 times.



Questions:



1. Does it matter when I register myself as the user or is it not allowed from Microsoft?



2. What are the consequences if I register myself as the user of this software?



3. Shall my friend being disturb from Microsoft with my registration?



I am expecting your answers urgently!! Deeply appreciate for any answers in advance!!



Grace,



Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Addition - Urgent pls !!!!?mcaffee



Technically what you have done (using a friends copy of Office) is illegal. I suspect that if you try and register yourself as the user 'they' (Microsoft) will have some sort of record that the copy of Office you used has been previously registered somewhere else so I suspect you won't be allowed to register it over the Internet.



This kind of happened to me a couple of years ago. The difference is that I had reinstalled a copy of the software after I had reformated my computer and it wouldn't let me register online. I had to ring Microsoft and tell them that I had reformated my computer and needed to re-register.



Microsoft Office 2003 Professional Addition - Urgent pls !!!!?norton antivirus 2007



I have used "borrowed" software before and I never register, and I have never lost access.
Microsoft doesnt allow people to loan software and when you re-installed it, the software recognized it was re-installed. Your friend would have to un-install it and call microsoft before giving it to you. It also may take a phone call to Microsoft. They are pretty forgiving when you call and are honest as honesty is the best policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment